Harambee Stars rejects a hotel booked for them in south Africa

Written by on June 3, 2026

Preparations for harambee stars upcoming match against Lesotho have been affected by an accommodation dispute after team members of the Harambee Stars squad reportedly said that they are not satisfied with the hotel arrangement for their stay in Pretoria, South Africa.

The team arrived in south Africa earlier this week expecting to begin their training camp. However, claims were raised shortly after the team’s arrival, players reportedly questioning the quality of the accommodation given.
Several players felt the facility did not meet the expected standards for a national team on international duty. The concerns are said to have been communicated to team officials.
Officials are understood to be working to resolve the matter as quickly as possible in order to avoid disrupting the team’s training schedule. Efforts have reportedly been made to identify a more suitable facility while ensuring the players remain focused on the task ahead.

Despite the setback, the mood in camp is said to remain positive, with the technical bench determined to keep preparations on track. The team is expected to continue its training program as it builds up to the important encounter against Lesotho.

Neither the football authorities nor team management had issued an official statement regarding the reported complaints at the time of publication. However, the incident has once again sparked discussion about the welfare and treatment of national team players during international engagements.


Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *



Current track

Title

Artist

Background